If you take a trip to your local department or drug store and walk down the oral care aisle, there’s one common theme that you are bound to notice: almost every single product contains (and/or is packaged in) plastic. Everyone needs oral care products, which means the amount of plastic waste generated is astronomical. Fortunately, brands like WooBamboo are stepping up to make the oral care industry less damaging to our beautiful planet.
Plastic Toothbrushes are Worse than You Might Think
You might not believe that a plastic toothbrush can be a major threat to our planet. After all, it’s just a toothbrush, right? The problem isn’t your toothbrush, though. It’s the billion plastic toothbrushes that are thrown away every year in the United States alone. To put that into perspective, imagine 350 million people buying an average of three to four toothbrushes every year. The weight of the toothbrushes that Americans throw away each year is equal to that of a cruise ship. Over 10 years, that’s 10 cruise ships. Switching your toothbrush for a sustainable bamboo one may not seem like a big deal, but when millions of people make the switch, it’s huge.
An Entire Line of Eco-Friendly Products
When WooBamboo got started, it was all about the bamboo toothbrush. It’s still about the bamboo toothbrush, but these days, we offer an entire line of oral care products that are as good for the environment as they are for your dental health. Our product lineup includes:
- Toothbrushes for the whole family – We provide soft-bristled bamboo toothbrushes for adults, kids, and even pets!
- Electric toothbrush heads – Our electric toothbrush heads are manufactured from the same sustainable bamboo as our toothbrush handles, and they fit most Sonicare electric toothbrushes.
- Interdental brush picks – Sometimes you need to freshen up, but you don’t have your toothbrush available. Our eco-friendly interdental brush picks are the perfect solution. They’re eco-friendly and reusable, too.
- Fluoride-free toothpaste – Our toothpaste is made with 98% naturally derived ingredients, and it’s sweetened with stevia and xylitol. It comes in three delicious flavors, and all three are gluten- and cruelty-free as well as vegan-friendly.
- Silk dental floss – Dental floss is an ecological nightmare, especially when it’s used in those disposable plastic flossers that clog up landfills and find their way onto beaches around the world. Our silk dental floss is the perfect alternative to traditional plastic floss.
Eco-friendly oral care products won’t save the world on their own, but they do give consumers who are concerned about the future of Planet Earth the opportunity to make purchases they can feel good about. With time, as more people make the switch to our sustainably-made products, we really can make a difference – one toothbrush at a time.